Porcupine Turkey Meatballs Recipe
When I first came across this Porcupine Turkey Meatballs recipe, I was less than enthusiastic. I wasn't too sure about mixing uncooked rice with ground turkey meat. Out of curiousity, I made the meatballs. Boy, am I glad I did.
The liquids and cooking time makes sure the rice and the meatballs cook to perfection. The end result is a wonderful, tangy, filling meatball that is perfect over whole wheat pasta, mashed potatoes, or by themselves. I sometimes steam some spinach and top it with some of these meatballs. Talk about good eating!
1lb ground turkey
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup onion
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup sliced or chopped green pepper
1 cup sliced or chopped onion
1 15oz can tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
2. Mix well with hands, shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add meatballs. Brown, drain, return to pan.
4. Place green pepper and onion on top of meatballs.
5. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Pour over meatballs, onions and peppers.
7. Reduce heat for medium to low, cover pan and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours.
TOP of Porcupine Turkey Meatballs
BACK to Ground Turkey Recipes
BACK to Easy Turkey Recipes Home Page