Yummy Turkey Meatball Stew
Turkey Meatball Stew is a part of a great meal which is also easy to make. My great-grandfather used to have a meat grinder attached to his countertop. He would debone a turkey and grind up the meat for my great-grandmom to use for this recipe.
2lbs ground turkey
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
3 tablespoons cooking oil
2 14.5oz cans beef broth
1 10.75 oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 16oz jar of pearl onions
4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
4 carrots, cut into chunks
1. Combine first seven ingredients (turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg, seasonings) in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly with hands until well blended.
2. Heat oil in large dutch oven or large pot.
3. Place meatballs in dutch oven or large pot, brown meatballs, drain, return meatballs to dutch oven/pot.
4. Add remaining ingredients (broth, soup, veggies)and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat, simmer for about 45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
See, I told you this was an easy recipe! And guess what? It's even better the next day. Once the stew sits overnight, the veggies start to absorb the broth and it's oh so good.
TOP of Turkey Meatball Stew Recipe
BACK to Ground Turkey Recipes
BACK to Turkey Soup Recipes